I hereby give "Word-Dreamer: poetics" to you. Please share, copy, archive and show to anyone anything you want. It's a shared culture out there: and so let's act as if it were one. A sense of ownership impels me to respect copyright but then how would you know me if I kept it all to myself? I thrive by needing you, needing a culture of Internet readers and needing the only true networked freedom we've got (after Nina Paley).
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
December bird (written as I wait for return of vision)
I 'd love to sit with you, too, splayed
into light, stringing along
and receive teaching (as I know you do)
from the rugose tree
I'd throw out pleasures to the wind
like a true inventor
or go rattling off from time to time--
a perfect wan prophet
And I'd like, when it's time, to stop at a
cute little extinction, too
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Really lovely Conrad. I like the calm sentiment of the narration. Thanks for posting.
Thank you, Andreas!
I wasn't sure about the "splayed/into light" line. Sometimes it's just wise to let well enough alone...
Nice to hear from you!
Post a Comment