I hereby give "Word-Dreamer: poetics" to you. Please share, copy, archive and show to anyone anything you want. It's a shared culture out there: and so let's act as if it were one. A sense of ownership impels me to respect copyright but then how would you know me if I kept it all to myself? I thrive by needing you, needing a culture of Internet readers and needing the only true networked freedom we've got (after Nina Paley).
Monday, August 5, 2013
How you know you're getting old
Hell now points
(a stormy finger)
sex'angularly
at
me.
we have to let things go: in fact, you'd be surprised at what I've had to cut loose from my life. Nobody said wisdom had to be gentle and kind (grandfatherly, in all the senses of that silly stereotype). I doubt anybody'd have survived at least sixty years of life without this necessary abandonment of the 'world'. Wisdom, oftentimes, has a rough edge, cutting and cruel. If the wise have been brought to that point, it's because they are wise.
There is (to my mind) an eerie kind of justice in the storminess (almost hellish) of the maturing mind seeing things more and more as they really are. It's perhaps why some have chosen brighter Elysian fields of early death.
4 comments:
At
me
too....
Hell's bells!@
Hell ?
if it wasn't for my
imagination
I wouldn't get no sex..
We let go of things we no longer can do with regret.
But I'm surprised that I AM able to accept growing old with some grace.
My parents' generation felt that one should respect elders. People no longer do that.
Is wisdom just adding time to your account? Or is it bought with another kind of sacrifice?
Curtis,
we have to let things go: in fact, you'd be surprised at what I've had to cut loose from my life. Nobody said wisdom had to be gentle and kind (grandfatherly, in all the senses of that silly stereotype). I doubt anybody'd have survived at least sixty years of life without this necessary abandonment of the 'world'. Wisdom, oftentimes, has a rough edge, cutting and cruel. If the wise have been brought to that point, it's because they are wise.
There is (to my mind) an eerie kind of justice in the storminess (almost hellish) of the maturing mind seeing things more and more as they really are. It's perhaps why some have chosen brighter Elysian fields of early death.
Post a Comment