"Ellison Hotel"
(for Betto)
I know, I know
where the spirits go--
vibes atop the roof,
Jim, Jim there's yr proof
_____
"Creeley to Claudia once"
said, You're a young diPrima,
the one-eyed to the almond-eyed
_____
"Crows in Santa Monica"
(thinking of Frank)
Who can gnarl and seethe here,
& rail the palm from off
my Tree,
curled round a blenching girl?
Why, if the crows can't,
like desire
then all the thorny cough's for
nothing,
under this soft-tailed sky
----------

6 comments:
really liked "Crows in Santa Monica" -- thanks for posting.
Andreas,
it was a great time. Wish you could have been there. The poets are gentle, sensitive souls who live for the stuff (like you)
Beautiful crows, Conrad. I've been in Beyond Baroque only once—a haunted place, but in a good way. Claudia and Frank are lucky to have you under the "soft-tailed sky." (A startlingly sweet image...)
Thanks, Joseph
the only other time I felt like this was at Westminster Abbey, Poets' Corner. And, to be honest with you, I found Beyond Baroque much more moving. It's the people there...they're the real deal.
Hi Conrad,
Love the Crows. I hear them often in the late afternoon in Santa Monica.
Thank you so much for bringing to life this wonderful reading for my father. You made it so special.
Working on the video!
Claudia
Thank you, dear Claudia
you made us feel so welcome: you are a gracious host. 'Beyond Baroque' was amazing. Congrats on your wonderful Frank Samperi Celebration! I'll never forget it.
And, oh, how I miss my morning runs with the Pacific to my left, San Vicente to my right.
Post a Comment