Saturday, May 5, 2012

Book launch of "Bridget bird"

  
My book launch of Bridget bird will take place on Sunday, June 17 at Puddicombe Estate: Farms & Winery located in Winona, ON at 1468 Hwy #8. Directions to Puddicombe Estate can be found here. The price of admission is the purchase of Bridget bird (18$). The hours are from 1:00 to 4:30 pm. I will read for about the first hour and then, after a brief intermission, audience members will be invited to read for the remaining two hours or so.

I have a feeling that the Bridget bird book title and surrounding winery region will work wonderfully together. Here's to poetry and stunningly beautiful rural Ontario!

If you are able to attend, please contact me at cdidiodato@gmail.com.

13 comments:

Issa's Untidy Hut said...

Sounds ideal, Conrad. Congrats on the book!

Don

Conrad DiDiodato said...

Thanks, Don

Internet's a mixed blessing: allowing me to reach a wide readership and community of friends while underscoring, at the same time, the reality of distance. Lots of good people in the States I'd sure love to meet at my poetry readings.

Man,a poetry reading with you, Ed, Bob, Joseph, Vassilis, Claudia,Tom etc. would be fantastic!

Ed Baker said...

yeah..
I read once

in 1972

then as now
noh boddhi came

well
there WAS
one cute girl right-there
in the front row

long-black hair hanging down
a fuzzy pink sweater
green eyes tight skirt

I say to you what she said to me:

"lots of good moves
in your book"

Conrad DiDiodato said...

Ed,

did it really matter if noh boddhi was there if there was only a cute girl "in a fuzzy pink sweater" there:))

Issa's Untidy Hut said...

I'd be there in a minute, Conrad ... more girls in pink sweaters could be arranged, Ed ...

Don

vazambam (Vassilis Zambaras) said...

Well, let's put it this way--if I could fly, I'd be there in no time at all to see Bridget take off! (I have a feeling it's going to be a good flight.)

Conrad DiDiodato said...

Thanks, Vassilis

It'd be great to do a reading with you

Anonymous said...

Yes, what an event we would make! Congratulations on the launch, by the way. I feel privileged to have read the book on a beach in Mexico, under a sky full of birds. More on that not far down the road....

Conrad DiDiodato said...

Joseph,

wouldn't that be the perfect poetry reading! And oh, I forgot to include Bill Knott.

The theme for our first reading would be, of course,the horrors of L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E.

poetfranksamperi said...

Conrad,
Have a great reading - I wish I could be there as well.
I hope we meet soon in person.

Claudia

Conrad DiDiodato said...

Hi Claudia,

thanks. I'm not psychic but I see another book launch (if all goes well) in my future, in about two years or so, somewhere in beautiful Santa Monica. And, of course, you'll be invited to that one:)))

Chris Faiers/cricket said...

People's Poetry Power for sure! Hoist a cool one for Chase & me to celebrate your long overdue launch : )

Conrad DiDiodato said...

Thanks, Chris, will do...

wrrrrfffffffffffffffff