I hereby give "Word-Dreamer: poetics" to you. Please share, copy, archive and show to anyone anything you want. It's a shared culture out there: and so let's act as if it were one. A sense of ownership impels me to respect copyright but then how would you know me if I kept it all to myself? I thrive by needing you, needing a culture of Internet readers and needing the only true networked freedom we've got (after Nina Paley).
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Poetry in praise of Elizabeth May & Canada's Green Party
I'm so happy Canada has a sitting member whose constituency is Eaarth itself (after Bill McKibben). I've been inspired to write some poetry in praise of Elizabeth May who has been elected our first Green Member of Parliament.
"Green" is the first.
__________________
GREEN
With an utterly cutting-edge type of green, the
leaf
is green and light as yr soul, and is poked
right
between the teeth. And once ground into mush
it’s
as easy for moles to chew it as mess for more.
Green!
And offshore winds blow seed, or the light-stemmed
weed,
spread-spreading them both, and as they do
so
both careening go like angels around the bay
And
the jaggy leaf, shoved by Time along the floor, its
leaf
body turn-turning into the rain, now looks like
a shore’s
mealy, lumpy grey-jacketed type of mold. And
after
the ground’s been dried & the ants have died,
both
leaves and ants will turn to sorrow, like a barn’s
sickly
floor, the sickly yellow sorrow found in an
autumn barn
But
for now a pre-Autumn green and the leaf in
the wind,
drift
together somehow and turn into sickle groves,
& shores,
and fields of moles who chew the light-stemmed weed.
Dreams!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yes! Here's to May, Elizabeth and Maia, goddess of flowers, and good things happening on the Hill when you speak Truth to Power.... Celebrating Gaia, all our mothers' day on this green earth!
Thanks, Penn
Yes, here's to May. I cast my vote for the only thing that matters, Eaarth: protection & celebration of that which nurtures and inspires us all.
Hers will be the only face in Ottawa that won't call up in me the usual feelings of disgust & rage.
Post a Comment